INTERNSHIP ASSESSMENT OF ROLL NO:09 FROM APRIL 01 TO MAY 30,2023

Warm greetings!

I'm Pavithra Battula, a passionate medical student from India. Welcome to my blog, where I share captivating real-life cases that have not only deepened my understanding of history taking and clinical examination but also enhanced my patient interaction skills and overall patient care approach. These cases have been invaluable in shaping my medical journey, and I'm excited to share them with you.

The experiences of a medical student during college are heavily shaped by their inquisitiveness and often times teacher and peer pressure, as we pass through the treacherous waters of medical education in our rickety boats we come learn that doctors have many more obstacles in the form of beuracracy , testing targets etc. Apart from diagnosing and treating patients , All of these experiences have crafted a curiosty in me to explore the wider healthcare delivery system and various forms it is available in the world ranging from universal healthcare in the EU  to private healthcare in the USA.

These experiences also shaped my interest in family medicine which is a comparitively young branch In India which involves following a panel of patients throughout their lifetime and engaging the community to encourage them to make positive lifestyle choices to further health outcomes in our country.

First 30 days Unit duty:
1.I have drawn venous blood samples
 2. Collected their reports from the labs,
3. Got culture swabs and bottles from the labs,
4. Collected culture reports from the lab, 
5.Updated these in our whatsapp groups, investigation charts, fever charts, repeats 
Got ECGs, Xrays, USGs, 2D echos and their viedeos of all our patients
6.Monitored vitals of all our patients
7. Typed and printed discharge summaries of all our patients

In the OP:
1. I have learnt how to take brief histories of patients in a limited time
2. Did systemic examinations of various patients according to their compalints
3. Learnt as to what investigations have to be sent for what complaints.
4. Learnt how to prescribe basic treatment for some patients 

These are some blogs i have made during my unit duty:

http://battulapavithrarollno19.blogspot.com/2023/04/45-yrs-old-female-with-wrist-and-ankle.html

http://battulapavithrarollno19.blogspot.com/2023/04/60-yrs-old-male-with-bilateral-wrist.html

http://battulapavithrarollno19.blogspot.com/2023/04/a-63-yrs-old-male-with-bilateral-knee.html
Through this cases i have learnt detailed examination of joints:


http://battulapavithrarollno19.blogspot.com/2023/05/68-f-with-aletred-sensorium-since-2-days.html

http://battulapavithrarollno19.blogspot.com/2023/06/co-generalized-weakness-of-lower-limbs.html


Ward duty:
1. I have updated and motivated my other co interns to create pajr groups for their respective patients and  update SOAP notes of all the patients in their pajr group and the main group.
2. I have taken brief histories of all the patients in the ward and monitored them!
3. I have attended rounds around the patients
4. I have inserted iv canulas to a few patients in the ward.

ICU duty:
1. Monitored vitals of all the patients in ICU and AMC,done suctioning for few icu patients.
2. I have learnt how to draw ABG samples on different patients
3. I have inserted Foleys to a few patients
4. I have inserted Ryles to a few patients
5. I have inserted iv canulas to a few patients
5. I have assisted in an ascitic tap
6. I have monitored vitals of patients during blood transfusions.
7.I have done CPR for few critical patients and assisted in intubation.

Nephrology duty:
1. I have collected various venous samples on patients and collected reports.
2. Monitored vitals of all patients in the ckd ward,done nebulization for few patients.
3. Assisted in 2 central line insertions and done suturing for central line.
4. I have monitored vitals of critical patients who were taken up for emergency dialysis
5.Typed and printed discharge summaries of all our patients
6.learned about what's the dialsyer is and how they prepare the unit for dialysis,

http://battulapavithrarollno19.blogspot.com/2023/05/a-60-yrs-old-male-with-sobpedal.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A 36 Year old male with bilateral upper and lower limb weakness.

A 42 years old female with SOB on exertion and generalised weakness.

A 63 yrs old male with bilateral knee pains since 2 yrs and lower back pain since 1 year.